Happy 10th Anniversary to Us!
In 2004, one remarkable woman decided to make a difference in the lives of seniors wishing to age at home in NH. Debra Desrosiers, with the full support of her husband and business partner, Ron Desrosiers, opened New Hampshire's first Visiting Angels. Since then, Visiting Angels of Auburn NH has helped thousands of families by providing non-medical homecare to seniors in the greater Manchester, Concord, and Salem areas.
Their business started on Debra and Ron's kitchen table and grew through tremendous dedication. Debra and Ron, along with their full time office staff, now work out of their custom built 3,500 square foot office in Auburn New Hampshire. Their caregivers consist of over 100 Angels who service clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
On June 12, 2014, Visiting Angels of Auburn NH celebrated their 10th Anniversary at the Puritan Backroom. Over 100 people gathered to celebrate the company's remarkable success over the past decade. The theme of the party was "The Power of 10." Debra led the attendees down memory lane with pictures and stories highlighting the most significant milestones, toughest hurdles, memorable clients, community service projects, key partnerships, triumphs, and funniest moments.
A few highlights of the presentation included:
• In 2012, Debra received the Outstanding Market Leadership Award presented by Visiting Angels Corporate Office
• Visiting Angels of Auburn NH won Homecare Pulse's "Best of Homecare Award" in 2012, 2013, & 2014
• Debra Desrosiers has become a Certified Senior Advisor, as well as a certified Alzheimer's/Dementia Coach & Consultant
• The MA/NH Alzheimer's Association presented Debra with the "Unsung Hero" Award recognizing her dedication for advocacy, education, and awareness of dementia in our community in 2012
• Debra has served as the Regional Leader for The Walk to End Alzheimer's in 2012, 2013, and 2014
The Visiting Angels team enjoys giving back through regular community service projects year round. Highlights of these projects include ice cream socials at senior living facilities, "Be an Angel Day", free musical concerts, and visits from Sonny, the Desrosiers' pet therapy dog.
Joining Sonny are three other dogs in the office, ensuring there's never a dull moment!
The 10th Anniversary celebration ended with the office staff surprising Debra and Ron with a plaque signed by the Angels in attendance. Debra added a few final remarks expressing her deep appreciation for everyone's hard work and dedication over the past ten years.